Resume for Cheryl Lloyd
- 2004 - I completed the Long Ridge Writers Group course called Breaking Into Print and am planning on returning to SIAST to upgrade my skills in New Media Communications and Advanced Web Design. The latter will include programming and webmastering skills, the 'backend' skills.
- 2000 - Below are the Brainbench.com certificates I earned, as well as earning a certificate in both the New Media Communications and Audiovisual Technician programmes from the Saskatchewan Institute of Applied Sciences and Technology.
- 1997 - I graduated the International Correspondence Schools' programmes in Journalism and Short Story Writing and Photography with highest honours.
- 1985 - I have completed high school, as well as the Grade 13 Mathematics of Investment course, in Ontario, Canada. My keyboard speed is approximately 54wpm.
- Aside from writing both fiction and non-fiction articles, I'm also competent in writing scripts and storyboards for audio and visual presentation media.
- I have done audio and video editing, black & white film development and printing. I have also translated these three mediums onto the computer. I have also done desktop publishing, created business cards and other stationery, as well as posters, calendars and greeting cards.
- The Macintosh platform is most familiar to me, but I have a working familiarity with PCs. I handcode the majority of my webpages using a text editor programme, but periodically use Dreamweaver to make use of the WYSIWYG function, especially for complex pages.
- I work well on my own, as my education shows, or as part of a team. I have an insatiable curiosity about how things work.
- Eight years as an aircraft mechanic in the Canadian Armed Forces has given me a knowledge of power and hand tools, as well as an understanding of physics. I apply the knowledge learned in the military to every other facet of technology I may encounter. Among other things, the techniques for troubleshooting computers and computer programmes is not much different from that of troubleshooting faults in an aircraft system.
Programmes I'm Familiar With DreamweaverCS3 PhotoshopCS3 InDesignCS3 IllustratorCS3 FileMakerPro NeoOffice/OpenOffice various scanning and file compression programmes. Brainbench Certificates Earned
- 2000 - present: Homemaker
- 2000: Receptionist, A&R Electronics, Prince Albert, SK
- 1997 - 2000: Student, Saskatchewan Institute of Applied Sciences and Technology, Prince Albert, SK
- 1993 - 1997: Dispatcher, driver, Central Taxi and Towing, Moose Jaw, SK
- 1990 - 1993: Commissionaire, 15 Wing Moose Jaw, SK; Co-op Oil Refinery, Regina, SK
- 1988 - 1990: Homemaker
- 1980 - 1988: Corporal, Airframe Technician, Canadian Forces, 15 Wing Moose Jaw, SK